Sunday 5 October 2014

The Winter We Danced - October 6th

Pictures - I looked through the art that is in the middle of the book and some of the paintings really spoke to my taste in colour and symbology. I really enjoyed the picture on page 252 with Stephen harper saying "Trick or Treaty". It really illustrates how Stephen Harper is just playing games with the native Canadians. Stephen Harper really does not care about the wishes and opinions of native Canadian, otherwise he wouldn't have passed C-45.
Beautiful art on page 246. I like to imagine that the world looks like this through a special lens. The waves and vibrations of nature are depicted in vibrant colour and the picture felt very calm and tranquil to me, which is the feeling I get when I am among nature.

On Page 277 - This poem was written in a Native Canadian dialect and below it is the english translation. I have read several times in Indian Horse that the white man language is very hoarse and rough where as the Native language is the language of the wind and trees, smooth and flowing like the rivers. I went through the poem and attempted to annunciate the words on the page. I enjoyed this activity and got a sense for what they were saying about the flowing of the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment